Smart city service support organization
- 'Smart City Service Supporting Institution' is a legal institution under Article 19-4 of the Smart City Act and plays a role in supporting smart city policy development and institutional improvement to activate smart city services.
- In January 2019, the first 7 institutions were selected through a public offering and screening process for support institutions in accordance with the law, and in November of the same year, 3 additional institutions were selected to perform related tasks.
Related legal provisions
「19 (Designation of Smart City Service Supporting Institutions) of Article 4 Act on the Creation of Smart Cities and Industrial Promotion」
① The Minister of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport refers to research institutes, organizations, or corporations that meet the requirements prescribed by Presidential Decree, such as professional manpower and facilities, to activate smart city services (hereinafter referred to as “supporting organizations”). Can be specified as <Revised 2013. 3. 23., 2017. 3. 21.>
② The supporting organization shall perform the following tasks. <Amended on March 2017, 3>
- Survey and analysis of distribution and distribution status of smart city service related information
- Quality certification of smart city-related products and services
- Research and development of smart city technology
- Standardization of Smart Cities
- Training and Support of Smart City Professionals
- Overseas export support of smart cities and smart city technologies
- Smart city certification support
- Survey and analysis on the use of smart city services
- In addition, it promotes the promotion of smart cities, discovery of policies, and support for system improvement.
Smart city service support institution selection process
Support agency main tasks
- Policy discovery and institutional improvement, technology development, professional manpower development, overseas export support for smart city spread
- Reorganization and operation of related systems to link data-driven urban operation with various functions of cities
- Each institution plays a role in driving communication and technology development with industry, academia, research, and the private sector based on its expertise.