Seoul Digital Foundation, Data-based urban problem solving knowledge sharing... International forum held
– Held 「28 Seoul Big Data Forum」 jointly with the Seoul Metropolitan Government and 29 affiliated organizations on the 4th and 2022th
– Searching for solutions to urban problems under the theme of 'Companion and Charm of Seoul drawn with Big Data and AI'
– Discussion of data-based urban policies to increase the life satisfaction of Seoul citizens
Signed a business agreement between the Seoul Metropolitan Government and 4 organizations to realize a big data-based smart city
□ The Seoul Digital Foundation (Chairman Kang Yo-sik) held the 「28 Seoul Big Data Forum」 on November 29 (Mon)-8 (Tue) at the multipurpose hall on the 2022th floor of Seoul City Hall under the theme of 'Companion and charm of Seoul drawn with big data and AI'. to hold
○ 「4 Seoul Big Data Forum」, which marks its 2022th anniversary this year, is a regular international forum co-hosted by the Seoul Digital Foundation, the Seoul Metropolitan Government, the Seoul Institute of Technology, the Seoul Research Institute, and the University of Seoul.
○ With a consensus on the necessity of solving big data-based urban problems, the goal is to share the future of sustainable cities with global urban problem experts and leading cities, and to build an international cooperation network related to big data and artificial intelligence (AI) technology.
□ At this forum, about 6 experts from 40 countries sought solutions to overcome the urban crisis using digital technologies such as big data and artificial intelligence, and had in-depth discussions on data-based urban policies to increase the life satisfaction of Seoul citizens. do.
□ At the opening ceremony to announce the start of the forum, a business agreement ceremony for the realization of a big data-based smart city is held. The Seoul Metropolitan Government, the Seoul Digital Foundation, the Seoul Institute of Technology, the Seoul Institute, and the University of Seoul plan to strengthen mutual cooperation to establish big data policies for the development of Seoul through this business agreement.
○ Specifically, ▲ Mutual exchange of data and analysis capabilities possessed by each agency ▲ Division of roles for each agency at each stage of data utilization and preparation of a cooperation system ▲ Conducting joint research based on administrative data of Seoul City ▲ Establishment of a governance system for cooperation between agencies and policy making cooperate with each other about
□ The 「2022 Seoul Big Data Forum」 will be held over two days with a total of six sessions. On the first day (November 6 (Mon), 11.28:09), Seoul, a high-tech city drawn with big data and AI, will be held in the order of ① Companion and attractive Seoul ② Data utilization cases for companionship with the weak ③ Urban big data and artificial intelligence On the second day (November 30 (Tue), 11.29:09), ④ Policy discovery using AI and big data ⑤ Utilization of big data and artificial intelligence technology for Seoul city policy ⑥ Data utilization and cooperation for better city services The session proceeds with
□ Session 1 will be held with keynote lectures by Professor Yiqun Xie, University of Maryland, and Kyung-Jeon Lee, Professor, Kyung Hee University, world-renowned scholars related to big data.
○ Professor Yiqun Xie, a scholar who won the IEEE ICDM 2021 Best Paper Award, presents 'Harnessing Distribution Shift: When Machine Learning Meets Spatial Big Data'.
○ Professor Xie presents a methodology that can generalize an artificial intelligence model by utilizing spatial big data and artificial intelligence technology to select regions with weak resources and utilize distribution changes in the process of resource distribution, planning, and policy decisions. .
○ Kyung-Jeon Lee, a professor at Kyung Hee University and an authority on AI applications who won the AAAI’s ‘Innovative AI Application Award’ three times, said, ‘AI Sharing for Smart Cities: A Primer for Faster, Easier, Better Digital Transformation’. City: The Enabler for the Faster, Easier & Better Digital Transformation)'.
○ Professor Kyung-Jeon Lee is an approach to sharing artificial intelligence models rather than data as a solution to the situation where it is difficult for small and medium-sized businesses to use artificial intelligence because big tech companies (conglomerates in information technology) monopolize vast amounts of data. suggests
□ Session 2, prepared by the Seoul Digital Foundation, introduced cases that improved the quality of citizens' lives by utilizing data and digital technology in various fields (disaster, safety, housing, etc.) do.
○ As the digital transformation accelerates throughout society and the economy after the global epidemic of infectious diseases, the issue of the digital gap between classes is presented, while domestic and foreign smart city policy directions that support citizens to enjoy the benefits of digital services without being alienated are discussed.
□ Session 3 will be followed by a presentation by the Seoul Institute of Technology under the theme of 'Seoul, a high-tech city drawn with urban big data and artificial intelligence'. Based on research results using big data and artificial intelligence, we will discuss the future of Seoul, a large city, and seek policy support measures for 'Seoul, a special city that is companionable and attractive'.
□ Session 4, which follows the next day, will be held by the Seoul Institute, discussing the possibility of discovering evidence-based policies using big data-based scientific statistical methodology or artificial intelligence technology under the theme of 'policy discovery using AI and big data'.
□ Session 5 will be presented at the University of Seoul under the theme of 'Utilization of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence Technology for Seoul City Policy'. We look at how big data and AI technologies can be used to understand the lives of citizens and the urban environment, and discuss how to create a competitive city.
□ Lastly, in Session 6, hosted by the Seoul Metropolitan Government's Big Data Officer, the theme of 'Utilization and Cooperation of Data for Better Urban Services' was the introduction of science administration based on the results of big data analysis to solve urban problems occurring in the metropolis of Seoul. Discuss needs and values.
□ For the first time since the forum began in 19 following the lifting of social distancing due to COVID-2019, the general public has been able to participate offline. Any citizen interested in big data, artificial intelligence, and smart cities can attend, and those wishing to participate can register in advance through the official website of the 2022 Seoul Big Data Forum (https://seoulbigdataforum.kr).
○ For citizens who have difficulty participating in the field, we plan to transmit it in real time through the official YouTube channel as well as offline.
○ Korean: Day 1 (https://youtu.be/6T4jdENjGp0)
Day 2 (https://youtu.be/3AS9JzNbGGs)
English: Day 1 (https://youtu.be/hv2iT0u-lTw)
Day 2 (https://youtu.be/1Yi37XWlWg4)
□ Lee Hye-kyung, Digital Policy Officer of the Seoul Metropolitan Government, said, “This event is very meaningful in that the Seoul Metropolitan Government and affiliated organizations put their heads together to discuss the smart use of big data and solutions to urban problems through it.” “Seoul Big Data Forum 2022 Through this, I hope that Seoul will play a leading role in data-based administrative innovation among world-class cities.”
□ Kang Yo-sik, Chairman of the Seoul Digital Foundation, said, “This forum is a place to invite the best domestic and foreign experts in the field of big data and artificial intelligence to seek solutions to overcome urban crises using digital technology.” I hope that this will lead to meaningful results that can increase the satisfaction of citizens’ lives by discovering various ideas for resolving pending issues in Seoul administration.”